Monday, April 27, 2015

A Week Full of Faith

This week may have been one of the most faith-filled weeks that I have ever had in my whole mission.

I wish I had time to detail everything out, but I don't so, here are the main points of the story.

Estefania: We wanted her to get baptized so bad, we had so much faith that she could do it, and well, she didn't know that we knew that she didn't want to get baptized. We weren't really planning on it or anything, and then the President called us on Tuesday night and told us that we needed to do everything in our power so that she could get baptized on her birthday.

AHH.

We had no idea what to do, but we started planning everything, we even made invitations. Then we went to her house and we had the most spiritual lesson ever.  THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG and it wouldn't go away. We showed her the invitations and she couldn't stop smiling. AHH, but then it came to the part where we ask her to be baptized. She was so happy. Then she pulled out all of her doubts. Mainly tithing, I said why don't we just pray and ask God if you should be baptized?

So we prayed.

We asked her how she felt and she said that we needed to give her a call at 5pm to find out her answer.

We left, full of faith. (James 2:17) So we told the members, we made decorations. WE DID EVERYTHING. Acting on our faith, right? We spent the whole day planning a baptism.

5 o'clock rolled around and she wouldn't answer her phone. We called and called and called, and nothing.

Her baptism was scheduled for 8:30pm.

8:30 rolled around and still nothing.

8:45 and SHE ANSWERED! But, she said that she still didn't understand tithing, so she wasn't going to be baptized.

9:15 we finish talking to her and trying to help her understand tithing, but it's late and all the members went home.

Even though, it didn't go the way we wanted or how we felt like it would I learned so much and I know we did EVERYTHING in our power to help her get baptized. We didn't fail, we just have to keep trying. We talked to the President about it and he said that we did everything right.

I love the trails that help us learn and to grow. I have never prayed so hard and fasted so much in one week to see a miracle happen. It wasn't the miracle I wanted, but something changed inside of me.

I know Heavenly Father loves us and helps us learn and grow according to what we need and not what we want.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Riedelbach


No comments:

Post a Comment