Monday, May 4, 2015

Tortillas de Harina y Pastel de Zanahoria

This week was so good!

Thursday: We had mission council! I learned so much. Our President is the best ever, and his wife Sister Morales, she is the best teacher. I have grown to love them as my parents. We talked a lot about a lot of things, but two things that I loved were. Our families, they made a movie with pictures of all our families and I was so taken back about how many families have let their sons and daughters serve the Lord, but then how many families are going to be able to be together forever because of the service that all of the missionaries have given. I felt the overwhelming love of our Savior as I watched all of our families pass by. I love my family and am so grateful for all that they have done for me and all that they have sacrificed so that I could be here.



The Book of Mormon: as a council we all decided that the mission should all read the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel in 2 transfers. But as I will have 18 months on Wednesday, I have less time. My goal is to finish it from cover to cover in one month. I have learned so much in these 4 days that I have been reading it again. More than I think I ever have. I read 25 pages today and tonight I will be reading another 25. I am determined to read it a second time in Spanish. My testimony has grown for sure! I learn something new on each page. I love it! I have already received a ton of answers to my prayers.

I would like to extend the invitation to you all. 3 months to read the Book of Mormon. I know you can all do it!



Friday: We had Zone Meeting, I got to go to the other Zone that I am in charge of to help teach the class. That zone is awesome. We all had a great time and learned a lot.

Sunday: We found an awesome family to teach and I am sure that they will all progress. The moms name is Vianey and she is super excited to hear from us and to go to church. We are stoked for our lesson with them Wednesday!

Today: We made flour tortillas and carrot cake with a family in our ward. They are super awesome. It was a good day!




I love being a missionary and the thought that I should be getting on a plane on Monday to come home scares me, I am so glad I extended and have more time here in Mexico, I feel like I still have a lot to do here in my mission, but I know that it all has to come to an end sometime. 



I love you all so much!
Hermana Riedelbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment