Monday, April 20, 2015

Back to Palenque!

This week was full of surprises! Good ones and bad ones :)

On Tuesday, the President called me and told me that he had a favor to ask of me. He told me that he needed me to go back down to help the sisters in Palenque. I accepted, and my companion and I headed out Wednesday morning. We traveled 7 hours by bus and arrived in Palenque Wednesday night. I was able to work with Sister Lowe and her companion Sister Mancilla from Colombia. It was so much fun, but a lot of work. I was able to show them around my old area.

Palenque is a little hard to figure out because the houses don't have numbers. So, Hermana Lowe and Mancilla couldn't find a lot of our old investigators, we were able to show them around the area. My companion worked with Hermana Solis and Hermana Pérez. It was a lot of work, but we learned a lot. We headed back Thursday and then got to our area Friday morning.


Me and my companion

Saturday Estefania had her baptismal interview and well, because of some doubts that she had we will have to postpone her baptism. But, we went to one of investigators houses Saturday morning and had an awesome lesson! Her husband was even there and they really want to progress. They both came to church yesterday and the Bishop went to visit them with us last night. They are amazing. I know that they are ready. Nancy's brother is a Bishop here in Coatzacoalcos and he went with us on Saturday. He really is the best person ever. An Elder told me that he was the best man in all of México. I fully believe that. He is so humble and willing to help out. He changed his life completely when he got baptized, and has an earnest testimony of the Gospel.

Things are going well here in Tesoro. We are opening this area so it's a lot of work, but we have a lot of fun doing it. The members here are truly golden, I have met a lot of people during my mission but these people are full of love for everyone, and do anything and everything for us and our investigators.

Something else that is super cool:

When I was in Villahermosa I got to go back and work in Lindavista. I got to go see Casandra and I got to go visit a less active family that we activated in the church. We just happened to get there on the best night, The brother Esdras, had just gotten his mission call! I can't believe it. He got called to Chihuahua. He even let me open his mission call for him! Don't worry, I glued it back together so that he could open it the next day with his family and friends. This is what missionary work is about. I am so proud and happy for him, he will make a great missionary!

Well, I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you all so very much :)

Hermana Riedelbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment