Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hello!

I am so happy I could talk with you all this week! It was so great to see your beautiful faces! I am doing so good!

Well, We had an awesome Christmas! The Sisters slept with us on Christmas Eve and we got them PJ's to open up as well! It was so fun! After we changed into our jammies we ate ice cream and read Luke 2. It was the perfect way to end our Beautiful day! A few members invited us over for dinner and lunch on the Noche Buena! I can officially add Manta Ray and Lamb to the list of weird things that I have eaten on my mission!


On Christmas morning, we woke up and Santa had come! :) We all sat around and opened up presents! The Sisters and I loved what we got! Then I made Crepes while everyone got ready for the day! We finished the day off talking to our families and going to Antonio's baptism interview! He passed! We were so happy!

We went into planning mode for the baptism and everything turned out great! He is so ready to be a member of the church. He was so nervous before his baptism, we even found him in the trees praying. After he left the water he said he felt nuevo (new), he wouldn't stop smiling and neither could we!





The next day at church Antonio showed up walked in and sat down with some members that he already knew. He hardly said anything to us! It made us so happy that he felt so welcome in the Branch! He got confirmed and then we headed out to our classes. The District President came to our branch and he talked about a lot of things that we as a branch need to work on. It was so good!

In the morning, I had watched 'On the Lord's Errand' and I made a goal that like President Monson I was going to follow each and every one of the promptings that I had received. While President Valencia was talking about how we all need to share 'He is the Gift' I had an impression to ask if Antonio and Cristian (a convert from the other sisters) could go up in front and share how that one video changed their lives. I was so scared to go up in front of everyone and ask the President, but I knew I needed to do it! Antonio and Cristian so bravely got up and they shared their testimonies. It put everyone into tears. You could feel the spirit so strong! They invited everyone to hand out the pass a long cards to all their friends and to do it enthusiastically. I could not believe it.

President Valencia then asked them if they wanted to serve missions and in front of everyone they said yes! I can't even tell you how we felt as missionaries. It was the best feeling ever! They then got interviewed to receive the priesthood and got assigned home teachers and everything! I LOVE THE GOSPEL! It is so cool! and I know that the lives of these boys are changing! I can see it working in them!

I know this church is true! I know that Heavenly Father loves us and that he knows what we are going through! I know more than anything that he wants us to grow closer to him! I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and I know that through him anything is possible!

I love you all! and I invite each and everyone one of you to think about him this new year as you are making your resolutions!

Hermana Riedelbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment