Monday, November 3, 2014

The Lord Called and I Accepted!

This week was very interesting. I had the opportunity to work with three different sisters this week, I guess that's what happens when your companion is the mission nurse and someone gets sick. But, that isn't all that happened...

On Friday, we were in the offices helping a sick Elder get some medicine when the President walked in. He shook all of our hands and then said that he needed to see me in his office. My heart sunk, and I knew something was going to happen. 

I took a seat in his office, and he closed the door. The next thing he said was "The Lord has called you to a new assignment. We need you to finish the training of a Sister. Do you accept your new assignment?" I said "yes."
So for the fourth time in my mission, I will be having special transfers. Tomorrow I am headed to PELENQUE!!! I am so excited and nervous. I will be in a Trio for this week, and then on Sunday one of the sisters finishes her mission and heads home. Pelenque is where everyone in the mission wants to go, it's beautiful and this Zone baptizes the most people. I am so excited to go out and work hard. 

I however am sad to go. I have met a lot of amazing people in this area, and I will always cherish the memories that I have here in Lindavista! 


Here in Mexico they celebrate Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) it's like memorial day. They all go to the cemetaries and put flowers on the graves and things like that. Our President asked that we all go and contact people there. We went and it was super different, but I had a good time! It wasn't as successful as we hoped but, we got a few good references. 



This week I also hit my one year mark (Thanks for all the congratulations!). It makes me kind of sad, the time goes by so fast and there is so much more I want to do, and to accomplish in my mission. I have learned soooo much and have grown even more, I am sograteful for all of the experiences, and I can't wait to have more! 

 

Thank you for all your support and for all your prayers. I love you all so very much! Have a fantastic week!

Hermana Riedelbach

No comments:

Post a Comment