Monday, October 27, 2014

To Fetch a Pail of Water!

So, last Monday we got home at 9 p.m. and went to wash our hands, to our surprise we found  there wasn't any water. So, I asked myself what are we going to do?

WELL, that's obvious Hermana Riedelbach, you have to go fetch a pail of water from the neighbourhood well. (Sorry, I know I look lovely in the picture but it was 6:30 in the morning :) So we didn't have water for a whole week, because they were cleaning the pipes!  What?!  Every day we had to go get water to take a shower. It was quite the adventure!  :)


Every single day this week it rained and rained and rained.  Because I was cold, missing my favorite time of year at home, and all of the soups and stews my mom would make, I decided to make my Mom and Bebe's famous potato soup!  It was so good and reminded me of home. :)





This week I had one of the most spiritual experiences in my whole mission. We were teaching a new investigator, named Karla, the Restoration. We explained to her that when Jesus was here on the Earth he established his church with prophets, apostles. We explained the Great Apostasy and asked her how she felt to know that at one time all of the truths had been taken away from the earth. She told us that she felt sad along with some other things. We then explained the first vision. As I was repeating Joseph Smith's vision, I could feel the spirit so strong. I knew that at that moment, it was true and I knew that Karla knew it was true as well. I could see it in her eyes. We then asked her how she felt, and I could tell that she didn't have any words to explain the Spirit, and the feeling she had, but as we were explaining it she nodded her head as if she had felt the same. We challenged her to be baptized and she accepted! She wants to pray before we set a date, but I know she knows it's true. We have an appointment with her tonight and I can't wait to she what she has to say!

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church that exists here on the earth. I know that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet of God. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all. Have a good week!

Hermana Riedelbach


No comments:

Post a Comment