Monday, October 6, 2014

11 months!

Can you believe I have been out 11 months?  I can't believe it either!  11 months in the mission field. I feel like I have come a long way since October of  last year. I am so thankful that I am here, in Mexico serving a mission :) This week is also the last week of this transfer and I am ready but nervous for what lies ahead.



Today we had an office meeting (which is why I am writing so late.) and the President was playing mind games with me. He kept asking me if I am ready... What does that mean? Then he said a bunch of other stuff making it seem like I am going to be leaving. He then told me I shouldn't pack just yet, but I should say goodbye to my companion. Then, when we were talking about next week and the meeting for the newbies, he told everyone that there aren't going to be transfers. I am confused... BUT, ready for anything that comes my way.

This week we had the privilege of watching another mouse die!  Hooray!  He was trying to leave our house and then suddenly he fell on his back, rolled over and died. BUT, just to make sure he was dead, the neighbor came over and whacked it with her shoe! It was terrifying.

I loved conference! We were able to watch it in English and Spanish :) but for the most part in English. We, the missionaries, Hermana Armknect and I, had our own set up. The Elders called it Little America. It made me smile. I think my favorite was Elder Eyring (at least I think it was him). I learned so much about revelation and how we can receive it. I loved each and every talk, but the one about revelation answered most of my questions :)

I am so grateful that we have a living prophet and 12 apostles that can lead and guide us in any circumstance. I am so grateful that we can listen to them two times a year. I don't think I really understood the importance of this before my mission, but I am glad to say that I will be changing that :) I have a list of things to work on, and I hope you all do too!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Riedelbach


No comments:

Post a Comment