Monday, November 10, 2014

Palenque

This last week was crazy! Hermana Magaña's new companion was late on Tuesday morning and missed her bus, so I stayed in Villahermosa until Thursday.  I was able to make good use of the extra time and was able to say goodbye to all the people I have come to love in Lindavista.  I have been in this area longer than any other area I have served in.  It was hard to say goodbye.  I have loved this area, but I know that Palenque is where I am supposed to be now.









So, on Thursday I got to drive down toPalenque with the President, Sister Morales and 2 of the secretaries. What an adventure! We practiced contacting people in english as part of Language study :) it was so funny! I am pretty sure talking in english when I get home is going to stink.

On Wednesday and Thursday we spent all day in Zone Conference! I learned a ton and I am so grateful for all that President and Sister Morales do for us as missionaries.

Well, Palenque is BEAUTIFUL. It's a jungle, the mountains are so green and it's full of plants and animals. It's really touristy because there are the old Nephite pyramids! (haha) so the downtown is really cute, it's like park city, but in Mexico... :)

My companion is AWESOME she loves to work! Which is so good! We are enjoying our days together. On Saturday, we had a Baptism. I only got to teach her two times before she got baptized, but I already love her! Her name is Rosalía, she's 15 and super-ready! She was feeling a little sad before her baptism because of what kids said at school about the Mormons, but we were able to share some scriptures and the Spirit opened her heart!




They just started to remodel the Chapel here because it's too small. SO, we got to have our baptism in a river! It was so cool! It reminded me a lot about the video of Jesus Christ's baptism. Super special and spiritual.

I am so grateful for all of the experiences that the Lord has given me! I am so excited to be here in Palenque and to be able to help all of the people here!

I love you all so very much and am so grateful for all that you do for me!

Hermana Riedelbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment