Monday, June 9, 2014

20th B-day and a Transfer!

Welp... I was transferred! I'll spare you the details and just say,  Frontera wasn't that friendly to american girls...but, now I am in VILLAHERMOSA! I am in a trio with Hermana Suazo and Hermana Knowles! Hermana Knowles is form Herriman, Utah woot! Another gringa! She is so awesome, and I am so excited to be working with her! We are in the Espejo Ward, which also happens to be the Mission Presidents Ward...that makes me just a little bit nervous but, that's OK!



This last week kind of stunk because we couldn't leave the house. We all got sick, and there's hurricane coming to Mexico so, it rained really, really,  really hard. But, I have some hysterical stories!

We kind of got in to a prank/joke war this week.  It all started when my companion began to scare me, and you know, I couldn't let her get away with that, not with out getting her back! :) It got really bad on Friday, I went into the bathroom and Hermana Suazo hid under the bed, when I came out, she grabbed my feet. I thought I was going to die! It scared me to death. Don't worry, I did the same to her, and it was just as funny!



That night we had a Family Home Evening with some of the young single adults for my birthday. We made tacos and tortillas.  That's right, I can get married now because I am a pro at tortillas. It took us 4 hours but, we had the best time! That night really is one of  my favorite memories from my mission so far.

As we were eating, Hermana Martínez turned to me and said "we need to play a prank on the members, it's part of the war". I asked, what are we going to do? and she told me that I was the master mind, and needed to come up with something.

It was about nine, and we needed to be home so, I thought of the perfect plan. Fake that the assistants had called a bunch of times and we were going to be in big trouble because we weren't home yet. So, Hermana Suazo started calling Hermana Martínez and we couldn't hear the phone because we were having so much fun, laughing and goofing off at dinner. Then, Hna Martínez had a Hermano pass her bag to her. She checked her phone and said, "you've got to be kidding me!" The assistants have called 5 times, everyone shhhh! Hermana Suazo called her again,  she faked a story that the President was coming to our house at that exact moment, and we needed to get home.

I hadn't quite finished my Taco yet so, I grabbed my plate and headed out the door! All the members couldn't believe what just had happened, they all followed us out worried to death. The ward mission leader jumped up and yelled no! But, after 5 minutes we came back, because we still hadn't eaten my birthday cake. They all wanted to kill us... but, man that joke was sooooo goood! :)

I am so sad to leave Frontera, I have another family there. I cried so hard saying good bye.  I will miss them all but, this isn't goodbye for good! They really have changed my life, and I am so grateful for all I learned from them. I am so excited to be here in Villahermosa!  I know it will be great! 

Thanks for all of the Birthday wishes! I will try to send pictures but, this computer is unbelievably slow. Maybe, I will end up sending a CD home full of pictures of this transfer.

I love you all tons!

Hermana Riedelbach

No comments:

Post a Comment