Monday, March 24, 2014

Me Encanta Este Obra!

This week was so good! The week started out really bad but, shortly after I experienced a Miracle. Never lack faith in our Heavenly Father! He will always bless us!

On Saturday Hermana María Luisa was baptized! By far the most stressful day of my life. When we got to the church we started cleaning and when we opened up the font it was FULL of LIME GREEN MOLDY WATER!!!! um, what!? There was no way someone was going to be baptized in that. So, my comp and I grabbed some brooms, hiked up our skirts, and started cleaning. The Elder's ran home and got some bleach and an hour and a half later it was clean. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever walked in and I have never sweated so much in my life! When we finally finished the Elder that was supposed to baptize her was no where to be found and no one else had clothes to do it. :(

I was so frustrated, everything seemed to be going wrong when I so badly wanted it to go well. After we contacted the Elder I realized that I had to give a talk and because I had to clean the font I hadn't prepared anything. Everyone said to rely on the spirit and in that moment I realized I didn't have the spirit with me. I asked my companion if we could go pray. After the prayer I felt a lot better and I wasn't stressed anymore, I knew my Heavenly Father would help me. I asked Hermana Pasley if she had a scripture I could share and she reminded me of what I shared that morning during our scripture study.

I shared Matthew 3:17 ( I think). After Jesus was baptized he heard a voice from the heavens saying this is my son whom I am well pleased. I shared a brief testimony about how the Lord was pleased with the decision that she had made. I expressed how grateful I am to know her family and how they have changed my life! My Heavenly Father saved me. I wasn't nervous, and I felt like my Spanish just flowed.

After the ordinance I was helping her get ready and she gave me the biggest hug and told me how she was grateful for me and how I needed to teach her husband more. I know without a doubt in my heart that they will all be baptized and that one day they will be an eternal family! After that, she kept saying that the water in the font was delicious. AHH, the spirit was so strong!

I didn't think it could get any stronger until Hermanita Vero shared her testimony! She said that when she was baptized she felt alone because no one else in her family got baptized with her. She said that she was so grateful her mom decided to get baptized. She said that one day she wants to have an eternal family and that she wants her dad and brother to get baptized too! WHAT!! I cried. OK, I think everyone cried. It was the best thing anyone could have ever said to them! The spirit was so so strong! Hermana María Luisa shared her testimony. It was PERFECT. I think this will be the best baptism I will ever have.

I love this family so much. They literally are my family here in México. They have changed my life in so many ways. I can't wait for them to continue to progress in the Church and one day have an eternal family!

Thank you all so much for what you have done for me! I love you all! I tried to send pictures of all of this but, this computer is being really strange and won't let me attach them. Next week!

 Love, 
Hermana Riedelbach

P.S. I got the funniest letters this week! I got a package of letters from the Eatough Family! Oh my heavens. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! They all drew me pictures of Hermana Castro and I in the back of a truck with a pooping dog!!! It was hilarious. I didn't quite know what it was at first but,  then an Elder or Hermana pointed at the 'poop' and I cracked up laughing in our District class. It was to good to be true! Thanks so much for thinking of me, and for making my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment