Monday, February 3, 2014

Drumroll!!!

I HAVE SOME HUGE NEWS!!!

Frist, Hermana Castro is BACK! WOOT! I missed her so much and we survived transfers! We will be staying in Carmen and together (as long as she is careful and doesn't hurt her back) for at least another transfer! QUE BENDICIÓN! I can't believe I have been in Mexico for a whole transfer already! This week I hit 3 months, LOCO. That just goes to show that this time is precious.



Second, The Mission President came this week for interviews and we got plancharon (a talking to, about doing better). The President is really happy with our zone, but we still need to be doing more. It was so good to be taught by him and his wife they are some very smart people! When the President comes mail also comes! I got my package from G-ma and G-pa and two letters from Sister Eatough! QUE BENDICIÓNE! Seriously, I have never been so happy to get mail before. Hermana Castro and I loved all the goodies Grandma Riedelbach sent! We don't have an oven so, we have been having fun eating lots of cookie dough and microwave cookies! Haha, we haven't made pancakes yet, because we don't have any syrup. But after we are done writing home we are going to get some! I can't wait. It will be a little bit of home!  Thank you for all of the letters, and emails, they are wonderful and I am so grateful for them.

Third, I am going to get my green card this week! Hahaha, which means I will hopefully get any other packages too. For those of you wondering how the mail works and such here's what I know: I got mom's package safe and sound through UPS, it took about two weeks to get to me, because we don't get mail that often as we are 3 hours away from Villa. I got Grandma and Grandpa's 5ish weeks from when they sent it through USPS. As far as I know no one has had a problem receiving packages and they are usually intact as long as you follow the guidelines the post office has. Some Hermana's have received chocolate legally, I don't know how, but they said their family got it to work, they said it was a gift or something..no sé. Please don't use the Virgin Mary stickers, the people at the post office here don't like it and give the Elders in the office a hard time about it. I think that is everything I know about that!

FOURTH, I had my FIRST BAPTISM!!! Oh my goodness. I don't even have the words to describe what happened. It's the best feeling to know that you helped someone take the step of baptism. It was the best experience.  Seriously, I am so grateful for the Lord, and the people he places in our path! Hermanita V is 9 years old and the first one in her family to take the step to get baptized. We have 6 weeks to get the rest of her family done! She has such a strong testimony and such a great hunger to learn more and more each day. She says that people at school ask her why she listens to us and why she was baptized. She told us that she always shares a scripture with them and tells them to read the Book of Mormon! SHE IS 9! Can you believe that? She also fasted for the first time this Sunday! WHAT! I didn't fast when I was nine. She knows the importance of everything we teach her! I am so grateful for her example to me!





It has been a good week here in Carmen! We have some pretty high goals this month, I am excited to work hard and accomplish them all! Thank you all for your support!

Love,
Hermana Elise Riedelbach



No comments:

Post a Comment