Monday, January 27, 2014

An Unexpected Week!

This really has been an unexpected week!

On Tuesday we had our Sister Training leader with us because her companion needed to go to Villahermosa to get her green card! So we spent a lot of the day traveling and having district class. Basically, we didn't do anything that day and Monday was p-day so we didn't do anything for two days. :(

On Wednesday, my companion, Hermana Castro woke up crying because she was in so much pain. Remember we visited the Doctor the last week? Anyway, she couldn't move. So we called Hermana Morales, the Mission Presidents wife, and she said we couldn't leave the house and that the next day we needed to travel to Villahermosa and stay until Saturday. WHAT?  So, we spent the day taking care of Hermana Castro and fetching Hermana Wyndham from the bus station.

The next morning we woke up, studied and then left for Villahermosa. I will just say that I live in the MOST beautiful area of my mission? It was one of the most beautiful bus rides I have ever been on.







When we arrived in Villahermosa Hermana Castro went with the nurse and I went with her companion, I was terrified. She doesn't know any English but, it turns out I know more Spanish than I thought I did! :)

When we got back home that night Hermana Castro was there with the Mission President... I immediately thought oh no! But they said Hermana Castro was fine and that we could go home the next day! I was so happy!

The next morning Hermana Castro woke up in more pain than the day before. So, I worked with Hermana Rodriguez and Hermana Castro went to the doctor again. When Hermana Castro called me after the doctor appointment she told me the doctor said that she needed to stay in Villahermosa for 3 weeks! WHAT? Not cool!  We were both really nervous about what was going to happen.

Hermana Morales called and said that Hermana Castro needed to have rehab and that I was going to be going back to Villahermosa with another Hermana. We spent all of Saturday morning crying and then the President called me. He explained that I needed to go back to my area and work while Hermana Castro recovered. I starting crying again...ahh. He told me that Hermana Rodriguez was going to be my new companion.

This week has been SO hard. Hermana Rodriguez doesn't know a lick of English and I feel like I make sense when I talk but, everyone just stares at me. I have had to almost be senior companion and it's really hard! Hermana Rodriguez is very quiet and it makes things really awkward sometimes because my Spanish isn't that good.



I have grown so much though! Sometimes we don't know why things happen but,  I know that our Heavenly Father loves us all and doesn't give us anything we can't handle. My favorite scripture this week is 1 Nephi 11:17!

I love you all and know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us even if it's hard. He doesn't give us anything we can't handle, learn from, or grow from!

I hope you all have a great week and I am praying really hard for you all!

Hermana Elise Riedelbach

UPDATE: Hermana Castro just called me and said that she met with another doctor today and he said that she doesn't need to have rehab she just needs to take her medicine. She also said she feels a lot better and thinks she will be able to come home this week!

QUE BENDICIÓN!!! I seriously miss her so much!





Don't you love how we get to dry our clothes in our apartment?  Pretty swanky, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment