Monday, February 17, 2014

New Area!

I don't really have a lot to say this week. Opening a new area is a lot of busy work, like walking, getting lost, having a lot of meetings and such. We really didn't teach that much this week. But, I would like to share a couple of milagros (miracles) I have experienced on my mission so far.

First, Do you remember the Little Girl V that we baptized 2 weeks ago? Do you remember how her Dad didn't want her to be baptized? Well, today we received a phone call saying that Nestor (the dad), Maria Luisia (the mom) and Rodrigo (the brother) are all getting baptized this weekend! WHAT? I knew the day would come, but I didn't know it would be this soon! I am so excited for them. I can't wait for them to take that step to becoming an eternal family. What a blessing! I am sad that I won't be able to be there for their baptism but, I am so happy they made that decision! This is what makes all the long, hard, hot days worth it.

Second, Last week when we were coming here to Villa we didn't have any money whatsoever and my companion needed to take a pill. We didn't have any water or money to buy some. I told her to go ask the guy working at the bus traffic control center if she could have a glass of water. She did, and he ended up bringing her a nice cold bottled water. It really was a blessing!

Third, the next day we needed to get in a Taxi to go to immigration so I could sign my green card but, once again we had no money (I promise I am wise at spending, but this month we had a lot of unexpected expenses) I prayed that some how we would be able to make it there without spending any money. We flagged down a taxi and it turned out the taxi driver was a member and he gave us a free ride! Seriously, the Lord blesses us with milagros if we try our hardest and do our best.

Fourth, on Valentines Day we got a call saying all of 6 of us who live together needed to be at the office at 10 am to contact. What? ahh. When we got there I was less than excited, I was nervous about contacting... but, the Elders told us that they did it the night before and got 50 references. WOW!  I became a little more excited about it then.  The street the offices is located on is really busy and had a lot of Valentines day commotion,  it was perfect! I was really nervous at first but then we got the hang of it! At 2 pm that day we had talked to literally everyone that walked by and received over 130 references! QUE BENDICIÓNE! I grew so much that day as a missionary and my testimony grew even more.

There are so many people out there that need the Gospel! Everyday that becomes more apparent to me. There are 251 missionaries in my mission and that just isn't enough to reach all of the people that live here. We need so much help in this work! Missionaries just can't simply do it alone.

Yesterday I had to give my first talk in church..it was a big slice of humble pie! I am so grateful for those opportunities in my mission.

This week I got a letter from Grandma and Grandpa, Sister Eatough, and the Bates Family! I love mail. It's such a blessing! Thank you all so much for the support and prayers I get from you all! I love you all a bunch and can't wait to hear from you!

Hermana Riedelbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment