Monday, March 9, 2015

I Already Know That It Is True!

This week was great! We were able to have our Zone meeting this week and we learned a whole lot! I am so grateful for our President and the constant revelation that he receives. He has asked that we teach all of the members that we can the Law of Tithing. I absolutely love the way he has asked us to teach it. When I get home I will teach it to you all. He focuses on the spiritual blessings that we can receive as we pay our tithing. It has made me think really hard about all of the choices that I am making and that I have made in the past. Will I be ready to pay tithing when I go home? YES, because I have learned here that it is so worth it. We can't progress to be like him without paying our tithing. It is impossible! I know that if we all pay our tithing that everything will work out.

In other news:

SHIRANI and ELIZABETH: are so excited for their baptisms! This week we had a super powerful lesson with them! We read 3 Nephi 11 and we talked about Christ's power and the most important doctrines that he taught. We talked a lot about him and his atonement, but most importantly baptism. After we read we kneeled with them and we asked Shirani (9) to offer the prayer and to ask if these things were true. She smiled real big and said 'Why do I need to ask? I already know that they are true!' I felt the spirit so strong in that moment and even stronger when she said her prayer.

We then asked her Mom to say a prayer and to ask the same thing. The Holy Ghost couldn't have testified stronger than it did in that moment. After we asked them if they had received their answer and they looked at us and they said yes! They are so excited for their baptisms and we are too!

Yesterday, we went looking for some contacts that we had made throughout the week and we couldn't find anyone. But, we had a backup plan, another contact that we had made a month ago. We went to look for him, he is never home. We got to his house and my companion knocks on his door for eight minutes, that is such a long time but,  I had the thought and feeling that we needed to wait. Finally, I said let's go,  and right then he walked out of his neighbors house! We couldn't believe it.

His name is Julio. He is very active in his Church, but he has a real desire to know if these things are true! He has a lot of questions,  I don't know half of the things he is asking, but I know that they aren't big doubts, if we can get him to cultivate his faith he will know these things are true!

I am so thankful for the constant guidance of the spirit! I know our Heavenly Father loves us! I know that he answers our prayers! I love you all and hope you can all have a great day!

Hermana Riedelbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment