Monday, July 21, 2014

What a Wonderful Week!

Guess what? We are going to have a baptism this week and we have one planned for next week as well! WHAT! The Lord is so good to us!  And, we also have two more investigators that want to be baptized this week and next as well, we just need permission from their parents! We are going to work on that tomorrow.

Their names are Luisa Gesell, Petri, Linda Esther, Maria Fernanda. I am so beyond excited for them! We had challenged Linda and Fer to be baptized but,  they said that they were going to pray. The next day during our lesson they stopped what we were teaching, and they said that they both wanted to be baptized. I almost cried.


The ward is so excited for them and everyone is helping out. I can't begin to explain to you the joy that I feel for them. They have all had a tough life but, really have a desire to change and to be better. Yesterday they were all fighting during a lesson, and we were so frustrated. We almost got up and left. Every time we tried to teach them they would say something mean to someone, and when we reminded them to be nice they didn't pay attention.



Then we started talking about our families, and things that we wished we could do over again. All the things that my Mom used to tell me over and over again. For all the mean things I said to my siblings, or for the times I chose my friends over my family. We all ended up crying. I explained to them that I didn't want them to make the same mistakes I made with my family.

I could really see myself in them. The way that I used to be. I am so grateful for my mission and for all the lessons I have learned, and all of things that I have changed. I know that it is possible to change, and that it's never too late.

I love you all more than anything in the world. I am so sorry if have ever done anything to hurt you, or said anything to offend you.

This Thursday I am going to be reminded once again of the covenants that I made at baptism. I am so grateful for my parents, and all that they taught me, and for the opportunity I had to be baptized. I know that as we all strive to keep the commandments we will be blessed. I challenge you all to pick one thing in your life that you need to work on,  and work on that this week. I know that you can do it through our savior Jesus Christ.

I hope you all have a fantastic week! 

Love,
Hermana Riedelbach

p.s. My hair is now long enough to do this!  Woot!




No comments:

Post a Comment