Monday, August 25, 2014

Tenemos una FECHA!!!! (We have a DATE!!!)

This week has been so exciting! On Monday night, we had an FHE with Hermana Maribel. It was so good! We taught lesson one which is The Restoration. During our lesson, we challenged her to be baptized on September 6th, and she accepted!!! We are so happy!

This week was also full of what we call "osos" (awkward moments...). After we were done eating at a members house I shared a scripture, and while I was bearing my testimony, I look down and there is a spider thing crawling on my shirt. I react, and start screaming, "help me!" so, my companion tried to flick it off of me with my name tag. The members asked what it was, I said I didn't know, and my companion she didn't know either. We kept talking and it showed up again on my side so, the member came over and pinched it off of me, and then said that it was a bug that always fell from their lights.

So, we finish our lesson and leave, the FIRST thing that my companion says to me after we get far enough away from their house is, "I know what that bug was....it was a flea" WHHHAAATT?! Yep, that's right, I had a flea or two on me... :(

Today we got to go on a Safari! That's right, we went to YUMKA! It was so fun! The first animals we got to see were deer. Ha ha ha, all of us from Utah and Idaho got a good laugh. We got to see elephants, deer, zebras, giraffes, crocodiles, birds, monkeys and snakes. It was a great adventure and a lot of fun!




This week our Mission President came to our house to study with us one morning. It was a great surprise. :) We learned more about the great apostasy, and why it is so important to understand it. We learned that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only church that has the same things that Jesus's church had. We have 12 apostles and a prophet. We are very lucky we live now, at a time when we are able to have these things on the earth and a part of our church.

I love you all, and I am so grateful to have such a great group of family and friends! Keep choosing the right!

Love,
Hermana Riedelbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment