Monday, April 21, 2014

Semana Santa

My oh my! This week is the Holy week here (Semana Santa), which means EVERYONE and their dog is on vacation. So, we basically walked and walked and walked and only taught members! This is their Easter and it lasts 2 weeks.






We have two new investigators! Hermano Jorge and Hermano Josè! Hermano Jorge is the husband of an inactive lady. He is so great! He has a lot of questions but, is really interested in learning more about the Gospel! He even went to church yesterday! I was so surprised. He said that our Church is so different but that's what makes it beautiful! I couldn't agree more.

Hermano Josè is Hermano Pedro's brother in-law and Hermana Deysi's Brother (she is a recent convert.) He is great! We have been teaching his wife and I am excited to see what will happen with them!

None of our other investigators were home this week, hopefully I will have more news about them next Monday! AHHH! Monday is transfers. I am really nervous! I don't think I am going but, who knows! I have been in this area for 3 transfers and I have a weird feeling.

Horror Story:  Last night at 3 in the morning I woke up and felt something on my leg, I looked down saw something HUGE AND BLACK was crawling up my leg!  I hurried and flicked it off of me and then I saw it on my arm, AHHHH!  I jumped up out of my bed and squealed! Hermana Gonzalez jumped out of her bed and yelled QUE PASO!!!!  Then I accidentially flicked it on her, not on purpose I promise, and she started screaming so, I started screaming, she started running so, I followed her into Hermana Pasley and Herrmana Aguirre's room and they jumped up and yelled QUE PASO!! and all I could say was CUCARACHA! (COCKROACH!) and then I almost cried. :(   I jumped into bed with Hermana Pasley and Hermana Gonzalez  jumped in bed with Hermana Aguirre we just laid there and started laughing. It was horrible! We finally got up the guts to go back in our room and kill it.  It took us 1 whole HOUR!! The stupid cockroaches here don't die. I am not even kidding you. We smash them like 5 times with our feet and they still move! It was very traumatic. :)





Another Horror story in the words of Hermana Pasley: Also two nights ago...Steven our salamander returned right above me on the ceiling (we have a bunk bed and I`m lucky enough to sleep on top) and there was no way I was sleeping with him looking at me. So Hermana Aguirre  had a genius plan to chase him all around the room with MY running shoe. My shoe was flying every which way for about an hour till she finally hit him...but only his tail fell off..and it kept wiggling around for like 10 minutes after it was detached from the body....it was SO SO SO SO gross. So great, it`s butt is bleeding and blood is spewing everywhere all over our floor...barf!! So Hermana Aguirre A throws the shoe as hard as she can and finally kills the dang thing. Needless to say...we didn`t have a funeral for Steven...I`m done with that salamander. Oh man we have too many animals running wild and free in our house. Never again will I complain about our vermin. Yuck!



This photo is from our Relief Society activity this week!


This is my Easter thought! Enjoy!

 Love y'all bunches!
Hermana Riedelbach


No comments:

Post a Comment