Monday, September 22, 2014

The Last Supper!

You'll never believe what happened this week! WE FOUND TWO DEAD MICE IN OUR HOUSE!! WOOOO! Ok, maybe that's not the news you all wanted to hear, but we are so happy! We fed them poison last week and waited and waited and waited. Then on Wednesday we woke up with two dead mice in our living room.  Eeek and yuck!


One of our dead mice.

You should have watched us trying to put them in the trash. It was so funny and so GROSS. I wanted to call someone to help us, but we felt like that would be too embarrassing!

But, for the BETTER news! Hermana Casandra is going to be baptized on Saturday (if she passes her interview tomorrow!). WOOOO! We are so excited! On Friday, we were in her house teaching her and we started teaching her about the Holy Ghost. She said that she felt a lot of peace at church and that she could forget all of her problems when she is there. So we asked her if she would like to have those feelings forever, and she said yes! We then explained what Jesus Christ did here on the earth and that she would need to be baptized to have the Holy Ghost with her at all times. And then she said yes and accepted a baptismal date for Saturday!

She came to church yesterday and was so happy. Then afterwards she told us that she was unsure, and we felt that maybe we should wait a bit longer so we could teach her more. But when we got to her house that night, she sat down next to me and thought really hard. I could tell that she wanted to say something, but I didn't know what. Then she said 'Grandma, I am going to get baptized this Saturday.'

I was so shocked. We taught her part of the first lesson and when we finished we kneeled with her and prayed. I said the first prayer and she said the second. The spirit was so sweet. Her prayer was so tender. I could tell that she was really talking with our Heavenly Father, and more importantly that she wanted really wanted to change and to be better.

We are praying really hard that she will pass her interview tomorrow, and that she can be baptized. She is such a sweet girl, she is only 13 and has already has been through a lot in her life. The whole ward is so excited for her, they are planning to make cakes and sing at her baptism.


Cassandra and I

This past week we also had interviews with the President. They were so good, and I learned a lot. I am so glad that my President is who he is. I have learned so much from him and his family!

He started out and asked 'What is the only thing that Heavenly Father doesn't have?' I started thinking and thinking and I couldn't think of anything. We all sat there for a minute pondering.  It's not our time, our money or our knowledge, then someone raised their hand and said that it's our agency, our will.

The most important thing that we can do here on the Earth is serve Him with all of our hearts, minds and strength. I know that we can all do better and be better. We can all choose to serve him with all that we have.



chicharrones!

I hope you all have a great week and look for the opportunities to serve our Heavenly Father. I love you all!

Hermana Riedelbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment