Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh my goodness! I have learned so much this week, but it's been hard. Last Wednesday night was rough. We tanked our lesson. P-day's are the worst. We don't study and then when class rolls around it's so hard to stay focused. Our teacher had a little intervention with us and it helped so much! We talked a lot about the things we need to work on individually and I have seen a huge difference in the way our lessons go now! On Saturday we learned to teach with power and did a cool exercise where we just taught five minute lessons to some of the teachers here. My companion decided to let there be awkward pauses forcing me to speak. It was so good. I had to rely so much on my Heavenly Father, but I opened my mouth and words and questions came out. They are really bad, but they can at least understand what I am saying to them.

We were just told last night that the next 3 devotionals are going to be broadcast.....which means that I will have been here for FOUR general authorities. WHAT! Isn't that so cool? I will also be in the choir for all of them. We aren't supposed to know this, but... Elder Nelson is coming to speak to us tomorrow for Thanksgiving!! How cool? I am so excited to learn from him. Rumor has it President Monson will be making an appearance in the next month! I hope we will be here for that!

Today we went up to main campus and ate breakfast. HOLY COW. Their cafeteria is sooo much better than ours. It's huge. We were in heaven last night at dinner (we ate up there before choir practice.)! Tomorrow is going to be so exciting! We have a big breakfast in the morning, choir practice, devotional, a service activity, THANKSGIVING lunch, another service activity for those affected by the typhoon, and then a movie night. It will be a jammed packed day, but that is so good. I am sad that I can't be there with y'all for Thanksgiving, but I know this will be one I won't forget.

I am so thankful for all of the packages and letters I have received! Every time they go and get the mail the walk in and give me the stink eye. I get so much mail! It's wonderful! I am so thankful for all of my friends and family that have shown me so much support. This is the hardest thing I have ever done and with out all of you it wouldn't be possible.

Have a great week!

Hermana Riedelbach





No comments:

Post a Comment