Monday, June 1, 2015

The Final Countdown!

I think this was the best weekend of my whole mission. Way too many stories to tell and things to share.

Best part?

Vianey, Ashley, Chelsea, and Nicole were baptized. They had the biggest smiles on their faces. It was beautiful. I was so happy.

The second best part: I got to go on Divisions every day last week. It was so fun to be with the sisters and working hard in their areas.

I had the best moment with Sister Thompson. We were able to help a sister get baptized. Alma didn't want to get baptized until June 20th. She wanted more time, but her husband Octavio wanted her to get baptized with him on May 30th. When I arrived at their area I knew we had a lot of work to do...

We started the lesson and Alma pulled every excuse out of the book. WE tried so hard to help her understand that she would keep learning and growing in the church and that everything would be fine. But she just wouldn't budge. We finally got to a point and I felt like we had lost the lesson and, then I had a feeling to share Jesus Christ's baptism (the video) I looked at sister Thompson as I opened the DVD player and she whispered 'the baptism of Jesus Christ?' I said, "yes", I knew it was right.

We shared the video and everything changed. Sister Thompson asked her if she would like to follow the example of Jesus Christ. She said, yes, so I asked will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized tomorrow with your husband? and she said yes.

We all cried. It was the most beautiful moment that I have had in a long time.

We scheduled her interview for 7 o'clock that night and then we called the assistants to arrange it with their zone leaders.

Hermana Alma was baptized on Saturday. The sisters told me it was beautiful!

I love being a missionary. It really is the best. I am sad that it comes to an end this week. I already asked the President if I could stay longer twice and he told me no. I know that I need to come home and do other things. But I am so grateful for my mission and for all that I have learned. I am grateful that the Lord has changed me, I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. and for His help in all that I have done here. I have changed 100 percent, and I am so grateful for that. I know that this is where I needed to be for this time. Every minute of my mission has been worth it. I love Jesus Christ and I love his gospel. I know this work is real. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the church of Jesus Christ.



I love you all and I guess I will be seeing most of you soon.

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Riedelbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment